Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Our assemblies are an opportunity to come together as a school community to:
- Celebrate religious festivals and consider the faith and beliefs of others
- Celebrate learning and achievements both in and out of school
- Promote the Fundamental British Values and what they mean in the context of our daily lives including the rights of children
- Foster ambition by welcoming external speakers from within our school community to broaden our knowledge of future career paths
- Look at current news events delivered through Picture News
- Encourage the understanding of the Protected Characteristics
- Regularly check that we know how to keep ourselves safe including online safety, stranger danger and awareness of our physical and mental wellbeing.
- Remind ourselves who we can speak to in school and out of school if we are worried or feel unsafe
- Promote links with our local community and present our learning with them
- Invite speakers in to discuss life choices and consequences, particularly ahead of secondary school transition.