Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Music and Arts
At Valley Invicta Primary School at Aylesford, we believe music is a universal language that embodies one of the highest forms of creativity.
We aim to deliver a high-quality music education which engages and inspires pupils to develop a love of music and their talent as musicians. In turn this increases their self-confidence, creativity and sense of achievement.
As pupils progress, they develop a critical engagement with music, allowing them to compose, and to listen with discrimination to the best in the musical canon.
Our music curriculum shows clear progression of knowledge and skills which are in line with the National Curriculum. The curriculum is accessible to all, maximising the development of every child’s ability and academic achievement in this subject.
Children have weekly singing assemblies led by Miss Thompson and Miss Setters and, in Year 3, ukelele lessons are taught by a music specialist. All children have access to extra- curricular opportunities such as choir, singing in the local community and Young Voices.
Below are some of the exciting opportunities and developments we have planned for music at Valley Invicta Primary School at Aylesford… keep your eyes peeled for:
- One to one musical instrument tuition taught by music specialists.
- Brand new musical instruments.
- Music enrichment days.
- School Music Ambassadors to support and promote music at our school.
- Working with Nathan Timothy to create a school song to publish.
- Working with Arts Insight to create a multimedia musical production.
- Achieving the Arts Mark Award.