Our School App Stay connected on the go...
At Valley Invicta Primary School at Aylesford, we are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expect all staff, Governors and volunteers to share this commitment.
We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment. Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies where there are concerns about a child's welfare.
Our Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSL) are:
- Loni Stevens (Headteacher and Lead DSL)
- Billy Harrington (Deputy Headteacher and Deputy DSL Lead)
- Catherine Kindred (EYFS Lead and DSL)
- Katie Burford (Online safety)
- Michael Bridger (Chair of Governor responsible for Safeguarding)
- Ronnie Ehren (Governor responsible for Online safety)
The DSLs receive regular update training from Kent County Council and all staff at Aylesford receive safeguarding training each year led by our team of DSLs. The training covers topics such as signs and symptoms of abuse, how to record and report incidents, how to help pupils stay safe online, Female Genital Mutilation (FGM), Prevent (radicalisation and extremism), gang culture and Child Sexual Exploitation(CSE).
If you have any concerns about the welfare of a child at our school, please contact the school office in confidence and ask to speak to any of our DSLs.
Telephone: 01622 718192