Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Maths No Problem
At Valley Invicta Primary School at Aylesford we follow the Maths No Problem programme. Teaching maths for mastery is a transformational approach to maths teaching which stems from high performing Asian nations such as Singapore. When taught to master maths, children develop their mathematical fluency without resorting to rote learning and are able to solve non-routine maths problems without having to memorise procedures.
Need To Know
- Evidence-based approach to teaching maths
- Helps pupils develop a deep, long-term and adaptable understanding of maths
- Inclusive approach where all children achieve
- Slower pace which results in greater progress
- Reflected in the 2014 English national curriculum for mathematics
- Endorsed by the Department for Education, NCETM and OFSTED
To find out more about the programme, please click HERE